When his mother died recently, he couldn’t gather courage to visit his village home and mourn with other members of his family.
Professor Mbithi was represented by Kalonzo Musyoka’s law firm – Musyoka, Wambua and Company Advocates – in the cases against his brother and niece who accused him of sexual assault.
The VC is known to be fighting his own elder brother Joseph Mwanzia and other family members in a number of court cases, both criminal and civil.
- Criminal case 1652 of 2009, Milimani-Prof Mbithi (uncle) vs Teresia Mwanzia (niece) sms.
- Criminal case 410 of 2010 Milimani (Prof Mbithi) vs Ndunge (Niece) sms.
- Criminal case 444/603/2011, Kangundo (Pascaline Mbithi vs Charles Mbithi (brother) (malicious damage).
- Criminal case 05/2012 Kangundo, (Joseph Mbithi vs Prof Peter Mbithi vs Joseph Mbithi and Josephat Mwanzia (brother) malicious damage.
- Civil case 338 of 2012, Milimani, Peter Mbithi vs Joseph Mbithi and Josephat Mwanzia (brother) malicious damage.
- Civil case 338 of 2012 Milimani, (Prof Peter Mbithi, Joseph Mbithi and Josephat Mwanzia (father and son) defamation.
- Civil suit 94 0f 2012 Kangundo, (Teresia Mbithi) mother vs Joseph Mwanzia Mbithi (son) land.
The don was killed in an incident described as botched robbery.